Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Edgar A. 'Eddy' Griffin (1958 Graduate of AHS)

MATHISTON — Funeral services for Edgar A. "Eddy" Griffin will be Sunday, July 8, 2007 at 2 p.m. at Blythe Creek Baptist Church near Mathiston. Burial will be at Blythe Creek Cemetery.

Rev. Danny Irvin and Rev. Mike Adcock will officiate. Visitation will be Saturday, July 7, 2007 from 5-8 p.m. at Coleman Funeral Home in Ackerman.

Mr. Griffin, 66, died Tuesday, July 3, 2007 at his residence in Mathiston. He served in the U.S. Armed Forces and was a member of Blythe Creek Baptist Church. Memorials can be sent to Blythe Creek Baptist Church.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was in the band with Edgar, and I mean no disrespect, but it seems to me his nickname was "Slob." Don't know, if I'm right, how he came to earn that name. Certainly, he was no more a slob than any of the rest of us. But he was big. I always thought the football team needed him worse than the band did, but he had such an upbeat attitude and great sense of humor, that I'm glad he chose the band. I was in the band for many years, and he remains one of my favorite memories of all those years.